Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Our first Gala Pool party

We had a blast! I even managed to be able to swim a few minutes in-between BBQing and everything else going on.

Dory and I took Scotty Dean and Pickles to the dog park so they could run out all their energy to be able to sit in the car while we have this party. No dogs allowed darn it. They had such a good time. Dory and I had a few moments to talk, so it was nice. We talk about some of the people that are no longer in our lives, and those far away.

I cherish my friendships with people more so now than ever before. I've been losing so many friends to death, moving, health you name it. Many I have had to eliminate due to unhealthy lifestyles. Friends are so important. They should be cherished and nurtured.

I didn't really connect to anyone at the party really. Adaire and her wife were very sweet and I did like them very much. But the others seem to have a click going on, and that's all good. I really only want to add only perhaps one more to my circle. I don't want to get too many in there, then it's hard to keep up with everyone.

Laurie had some of her art on the table as did I. I think I'm going to sell some of my art and things that I've bought to the neighbor. He came over and picked out the ones he wants. Nice. I've also sold a few things on Ebay. Also a bonus. I've got to really get going with that. I need to make money while on the road. If others can do it I should be able to do it also. Laurie is putting her art on her website and hope someone buys some for Christmas. That would be sweet.

I've been looking at all kinds of things to improve the RV before getting on the road. I want to pull up the carpet, and put in a wood floor. I would like to have it outfitted with solar, so I can stay out in the desert and cook as well as watch TV or anything else I decide. I'm learning.

I've been watching Youtube video's on how to do so many things concerning the RV. As well as how to make new balloon animals. Great place to watch. Now I don't have to buy the expensive video's. Nice. I've been practicing and think that will be the major money maker while on the road. It's something that can be done on the streets, festivals, and someone can hire me as well. Nice. I love clowning but much of it is going down in the history books because kids aren't brought up with clowns anymore, so they are afraid of them. I'm going less make-up and more colorful outfits and hats.

I'm really trying to downsize. Taking less this time on the road than ever before. I have to figure out how many beads I want to take etc. I want to make things on the road to sell. There are festivals and usually farmers markets in most towns. The less I have the better I feel and the more free.

With Precious Earth Art that I make and have a Facebook page with pictures, it's nice to have the cards. It makes it look more professional. I have plastic bins that I can put the stuff I make into, and then I can take out and place in my booth. I will have to get tables and some things to display my things. I know I will either need an e-z up or I can use the umbrella's I have right now on the cheap.

I am so looking forward to the Spring to be able to get on the road, and see everything bloom. Spring is my favorite time of year. I've been looking to go to The Great Northwest. I love it there. The people are so artzy fartzy. To me it's Gods Country. I used to own 20 acres there a few years ago, but I sold it. Miss it very much. Still look at pictures of it now and then.

Gonna get going to make some art tonight before having to go get Devon. Tamara and the kids are coming for the ride. I will miss them when they leave.

Namaste'


No comments:

Post a Comment