Friday, December 14, 2012

When Friends come to visit

Girlfriend time


My friend Tree is here. I was visiting a friend of mine when I got the call that another friend of mine is there in Santa Maria with Laurie. Fun! I was having a girlfriend time is what I call it when I go stay with a friend and we eat popcorn and watch TV in our jammies, and just have a great time as you did when you were girl friends in your teens or kids. Lots of adults forget how to play or get too involved in life and forget to just play. 

Dory is so sweet. She'll have me over when I feel overwhelmed with life in general to offer me a time of not having to worry about much of anything. I go to work with her, and just enjoy my time alone. I have my own room. I can watch TV, eat up there, enjoy a wink and nudge. She cooks for me and has coffee for me in the morning. It's nice to be able to enjoy an early morning cup of coffee with a friend. Laurie and I enjoy different times of day. Laurie is a night owl and I'm an early bird. Laurie doesn't drink coffee either, so times like this are important to me. 

I got to walk all around Santa Margarita and found there is an auction house there I used to go too many years ago. In fact, I found a gal there I had sort of a crush on only to find out she wasn't gay, so that didn't go very far. It could have, but I wasn't into recruiting. She actually called me a few more times, but I decided it wasn't something I wanted to get involved in at the time. Good choice.

I told Dory my friend Tree was here, and she understood. So to put a plan in play to go to the movies and see "Lincoln". What a great movie. A time in history that needs to be remembered among many.  From there we went to Chinese food and it was FANTASTIC as usual. We went to China Gourmet on Grand and 4th in Oceano. It's got the best sweet and sour soup ever! I love the place and we go there whenever possible. If we lived closer I know it would take a toll on our budget. 

We have so many wonderful memories with great friends. I feel bad for those that don't have anyone to enjoy life with. I've had pretty much the same friends for many years. The only reason you are out of my life is due to your behavior against me or the like. I'm not perfect, nor are my friends, but we accept each other as we are with whatever quirks go along with that. There are times that we have to take breaks from each other, but basically we know we aren't mean spirited toward each other. We want to see each other succeed and have a happy life. No mean girls here. They have been weeded out. I once saw someone that was close to me enjoy my moment of pain and realized right then and there, not everyone in my life should be.

In this life, we learn who to trust and who to run from. Another great lesson to learn is to not let what others think even ruin one moment of your life. I don't anymore. 

I was born a people pleaser. Sometimes it comes forward, but I catch myself and correct it as soon as possible. I don't need to take any abuse from anyone, and don't want anyone in my life that would treat me that way. 

I love my friends and misfits as some call them. I have a collection of wonderfully inventive and artistic people on earth. At least my little plot of the earth.  Loving and accepting of myself and others like me. When I hear from others why they have me in their life, I'm amazed and think they are talking about someone else. It's hard to accept that we are actually wonderful and people love us for who we are authentically. Gee, if that doesn't humble you I don't know what else will. It's what we all look for in others. To accept us, and love us regardless or because of who we are. Nice.

DEVON CALLED AND THANKED ME

I got the call from Devon the other day that made me cry. He called to tell me 
he thinks of me, and he wanted to thank me for all I did for him, and that he realizes how much I did for him while he lived here. He also realizes that I truly care about him and want to see him succeed. I wish of course that he would be the one that would raise my grandchildren with Tamara, but I could see that it wasn't going to happen. I was so sad to see he and Tamara break up but it had to happen I suppose. It is what it is. I had to learn to accept it and stay good with them both.
He said he was done with Tamara and was going to just concentrate on his life and getting a car, a place to live and move forward with a new sense of freedom


He said he was so thankful for his job and Steve teaching him a trade he can use anywhere he goes. He and Steve are buddies and that is what he needed. Someone that could take him under his wing and teach me a thing or two about life. Steven is the one. They are a lot a like. So this is so nice. 

He also said he'd get the part and fix the car! Sweet! He said that was the least he could do for all the times I'd get up and take him to work and then come pick him up. Take them to the store, and laundry etc. We did use the car a lot. So, this is a big burden off my shoulders. I am blessed.

Laurie is so sweet during all of this. I think being with me has opened her eyes to so much! First of all to all the people I know from all different backgrounds. But also, that they are such heartfelt wonderfully authentic people, who have made their mistakes, and have learned, to be able to teach others and help others on their journeys
 
Tauria and Rusty are wonderful people who have helped so many in their journey with me alone. If that makes sense. I have asked them to tell their story to many of those in my life in order to give understanding that people have such wonderful stories that start out going down one road and ending up going down an entirely new road and it turning out to be the BEST road after all. 

Devon calling came full circle with me and even my own son. Devon being one of Cory's best friends, I see a lot of the same traits in him that Cory once had. I am doing what would make Cory so proud and that is what he was trying to convey to others and that is, I accept people as they are and do my best to understand, and when I feel I'm wrong, I'll say so, and move on. I want to understand. I keep my heart open as best I can. I miss my son greatly as he had an open heart too, and at times he couldn't handle it and did what he thought he had to do in order to survive. He saw what I did to survive and though it was the way to cope. Sad. wish I'd been there more for him

Devon's parents aren't able to be there for him, but he said I am, and that works for him. I'm so thrilled to be in his life and have a positive role. Nice. I'm proud.

Back to my friend Tree. As I write now, she is trying to figure out how to fix my bathroom sink from dripping. She's working so hard on getting it right. How sweet is that? It's been fun having her here. We haven't really had time to get out and do anything due to the weather, but when it clears, I can see us getting out and perhaps going to Avila, or Guatalupe Beach. She needs to see that. She's actually thinking of moving here for awhile. That would be sweet for sure. Another friend to have close. I think she'd like it here.  Tree has met Dory and likes her, and this week-end she'll be meeting Tauria and Rusty during the BBQ. This will be a lot of fun. I think Tree is in need of a few new friends, and I just so happen to have a few for her to meet. Works out perfectly as it should be.

People have come and gone in my life just at the right time. I'm sure many of you have found this in your life as well. Interesting I think. And somehow in my life some have stayed way longer than I  had wished. But it's all in the pudding now I suppose. But either way my life has been enriched. 


  
       


No comments:

Post a Comment