Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wonderful Rain

Today has been a lazy day and a great day as well. It's been raining on and off all day. I have been incredibly lazy.

Yesterday was a very busy day. I had two parties. One in Paso Robles at the Children's Museum. I had a blast. It's a great museum and wish I could have taken my Grand kids while they where here. Oh well, I did the best I could while the where here taking them wherever I could think of that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I am glad they are home and doing great. Tamara has contacted me on Facebook and kept me up to date as to what is going on in her life. She has some challenges coming up in the next few days. Hope it all comes out alright. She is definitely in my prayers. Sometimes we make mistakes that we regret for life. I am hoping this won't be one for her. It's hard being in this world. So many things are pulling you here and there, and if you don't have a good support system and good education you can fall victim to all kinds of trouble. Which was her case.

Super Soul Sunday was wonderful this morning. I look forward to Sundays just for that reason. I have Laurie hooked on to them too now. She went to her Buddhist meeting and then came home and watched it. I'm glad she is connecting to the Buddhist group here. They have been looking for new blood to make leaders and have someone else do things besides the same people. I understand that. So, Laurie is going to leadership meetings and things are coming together for her.

I know she wishes I'd go with her, but I have a big problem with chanting in another language I don't understand and have a hard time pronouncing let alone understanding. To chant to a piece of paper on the wall, all the rituals that go along with it all. It just doesn't ring true to me and makes me uncomfortable, so I no longer attend. Wish I could do it, and go along, but I've not been able to do that all my life. I've tried religions of all sorts and none of them complete what I need.

The only way I've found to be comfortable for me is 'Native' type worship. I don't believe on getting on your knees and praying with bowed head. I believe in holding your head high and opening your arms and speaking. Native way seems more authentic than anything I've tried. I pray outside because it's my temple. I don't need millions to maintain it's just natural. Church is just too uncomfortable for me. It's too conforming. Too much like sheep following sheep. I've struggled with religions all my life. I've decided to stop and not be part, but to do what feel natural to me. I don't mind visiting and learning what all people believe and how it works for them, but I get offended when they tell me my way is wrong and I must do it their way in order to find  GOD.

I feel my relationship with The Great Spirit is full circle. I now take the time to listen. The animals teach me, and I know I'm never alone. Even as a child when I was by myself so much, I knew I was not alone. I had animals to play with in the wild. Somewhere somehow I found an animal. They have been my friends since the beginning. Thus, the reason Pickles is so important to me. Sometimes animals understand when people cannot.

I'm really working on trying to accept everyone's belief system no matter how bizarre. If it works for them and doesn't cause harm, I don't see a problem with it. I want to learn. But when it comes to the Bible, I have  a big problem. Since so much of my life people have used it to be mean spirited and judgmental. I know there are many wonderful stories in the Bible. But I believe them to be stories. Stories meant to teach not literal and meant to be taken as such. But that is just my opinion.

What I do know is that I'm incredibly blessed and the more I know the more I feel comfortable in my skin. Those around me are the cream of the crop as far as I'm concerned and I'm so grateful for everything.

Being grateful for your life and everything in it, has been my saving grace. When I bought my grateful journal many years ago in San Francisco, I find that it changed the way I thought of my life. I would and still do write in it daily. It helps me realize all the wonderful things and people I have in my life. I may not have brand new this or that, but I have everything I have ever wanted pretty much.

I'd love to be able to travel more. If I'm patient I know it will happen. As Laurie get's more and more roots here, I got worried, but we talked about this, and it's ok for me to travel alone. I sometimes prefer it. Laurie and I have different ideas about travel. I like to boondock, and Laurie likes having all the amenities. So, it's good to get away from each other at times and just do what you want. No problem.

I would like to get Solar put on the roof. I thought about getting Devon to help with this should I be able to buy this any time soon. I want to be able to travel with the least amount of having to be connected. I'd love it. To save all that money. I like to cook solar and have many times while on the road.

The more Youtube video's I watch the more excited I get about doing this or that. Youtube is one of the most wonderful things on the net. People post just about everything you can think about. I've been using it to learn new balloon animals.

I've thought about just going on the road and just entertain in every town. I know I want to go to all the Senior homes like I did while on the road with the Circus. I really want to give back and devote my life from now on to others. To be in service to others is such a wonderful feeling and it's a gift that keeps on giving.

I've had people recently tell me the impact I had on their lives. I never knew. How wonderful. Now, I just want to do more.

Namaste'


No comments:

Post a Comment