Monday, March 25, 2013

The VW Rally

 These are the people we went to the rally with. My friend Marilyn is next to Laurie, Marilyn's roomy, Pat and gentleman. I'm bad on names, I'll have to add them later.
 
 This is Engine Joe I'm assuming because that is what is said on his shirt. He was playing the flute as we were walking up the hill. Nice guy and great flute player.

 My friend Marilyn. She's a hoot.
 Laurie very happy on our day out.
 Us having a fabulous time.
A lovely moment in time.



When we talked to Marilyn about going to this rally I thought it was going to be in the town of Solvang. Turns out it was in a very nice park. 

Seeing the VW's in various stages of restoration was so much fun. It brought back memories to Laurie and I both. Since my teen years were spent in the 70's I have a rich history with VW's. I've never owned on but had many friends that did. Two people I dated picked me up in VW's.

The rally had a thing going on with buying tickets and picking for prizes. I loved it. The BBQ was free of which we enjoyed very much. The hamburgers were perfect, and the company  couldn't be beat. To eat fresh food out in the woods with friends is my idea of a great Sunday. 

After the rally our friends decided to play cards. Laurie and I didn't know how to play the game they were playing so we decided to recycle. And brother did we have fun! We filled our car with cans, bottles, and plastic. We think we collected enough to pay our gas there, our raffle tickets and gas home. Sweet! We giggled all the way home and talked about all the fun we had.

We were pretty tired by the time we got home, but it was the most wonderful of tired. It's times like these that are cherished for always. How blessed we are.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment