Friday, October 11, 2013

We had to drive Jade back to her last owner.....a sad day for us.

The day had been pretty much busy as usual because we are getting ready to get back on the road and there seems to be so much to get gone.

We got a call around 3pm from Minnie the gal we got our precious Jade from originally. After we told her we were unable to keep Jade, she always said she'd take her back. She said she was on her way to our home to pick her up and could be meet her half way. So, we loaded Jade and all her goodies in the car as well as Pickles, and off we went. It was a sad drive, but beautiful. Laurie and I both were so sad to see her go, but she had no where to really stretch her legs, and we weren't able to care for her as she should be cared for. Laurie can't run, nor can I.  She'd want to play and run and we weren't able to do that. Plus, when we took her to the dog park she would want to play with the other dogs and people took that as aggression so we weren't able to take her there anymore. It was just becoming a big burden on us rather than a blessing. Her fur shed terribly, so when they say that Labradoodles don't shed, they are wrong on that one. As for her smell, it was better than most dogs, but was there regardless.

We gave her a flea bath that day too, so that was nice. Flea season has been pretty bad, and we are on top of it as best we can. Pickles had a bath yesterday too. Not her favorite thing to do. She looks much better and feels better without all those fleas. I put on some oil to keep them off.

We are going to try to tackle all the other things that need to be done before we leave. Going to  try again to call the Action committee to see about having our heat done.
We have to figure out where our mail will go, what to bring, what not to bring.

We are going to try to go as light as possible due to the fact, we want to be able to bring all the rest of the stuff from the storage with us home and that way we will save another $30 a month for NOT having stuff there. We have a shed at home we are trying to empty to put the stuff in.

After this winter I'll probably sell the RV and get a bigger one or something different. We will see what the future brings. Right now, it'll get us where we need to go, and nicely I might say. Just have to get the toilet re-done from Rob the guy I paid good money to put in a new floor. He didn't connect the toilet properly and it leaks. ARF! I know it's not a major job, but just another thing to be done.

I'm still learning to cook for one or two in some cases. Laurie and I have different tastes when it comes to food. She is very limited, and I pretty much like everything. But I've cooked for many people for so long it's hard to cook for just two. I end up having to either throw out food, or give it to whomever is around me. But it's all good. At least we all get fed. I just don't like to waste anything.

I'm learning more about solar as well. More later......for now, I have to get back to work..........

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment