Monday, September 23, 2013

When a partner is under the weather

Alright, I am the first to admit, I don't like it when my partner is sick. I feel so helpless and codependent. I want to make everything better as fast as possible.

In this case, with Laurie today and the last two days, I've been doing my best to be a comforting partner, helpful, caring, and available. But I have to admit it's very hard. I don't like to see her in a weakened state. Now, I know how she must have felt during so much of my painful medical problems.

This is of course part of life and especially part of life with another person. You have to take the good days with the bad. Sometimes you just don't realize how bad the bad days are going to be. Don't get me wrong. Laurie had a colonoscopy and that's a pretty regular thing, but when it's done to someone like Laurie, it's a bigger deal than normal. It's hard to see her sick and not able to keep food down. I just want to make it all better and make it go away.

I'm so happy to have someone like her in my life now, I want to assure that she is healthy and happy. We have a long life ahead of us, and many more adventures to have, and I want some of my other friends to meet her that haven't had a chance yet. We have so much travel to do as well. When you finally find someone that works in your life, you don't want anything to mess with it.

I've never met anyone like Laurie, and her temperament is beyond anything I know. She's always happy, and rarely in a bad mood if ever. I've lived with her going on 3 years 24/7 and I can safely say she has been happy 99% of the time. I've never known anyone like her. She's taught me more by example than most anyone I've ever met. I believe in proof and actions speak louder than words. People have lied to me all my life, and tell me they will do this and that, but Laurie is the first one to really keep her word, and if she is unable will make up for it, or let you know. Totally honest. That is so rare, I won't ever let her go. She's way too precious.

I can understand why others have let her go, because she is everything they are NOT, and sometimes it's hard to live with someone like that, but if your life is an authentic life, it's not hard at all, in fact, it's a blessing.

I'm happy for all the experience Laurie had before me, and she feels the same of me. I've learned all the hard lessons, and have moved on with my life in a greater understanding, compassion, and empathy toward others and their journey. My journey has been one I wouldn't have missed for anything in the world. And now that Laurie is part of it, all the better.

We both have the need to help others in whatever way we are able. Most of the time, people just want to tell us their story and have someone interested. That would be Laurie and me. We listen to people hour after hour. It's our ministry. Both of us have licenses to be pastors of our own church. Laurie has been a pastor in MCC. So we both have experience with helping others. I've been giving back since I was 14 years old and was a member of the Mormon Church. I volunteered for everything they did. I enjoyed helping people I still do.

It's so important to us to get on the road and help all those we can. We have been able to help locally some, and can't wait to get on the road and do what we do best. I love to inspire others to follow their dreams. We enjoy telling others our stories. We both have very different stories that seem to resonate with others. I like that. The more I talk to people the more I find we are so alike.

Being on the road has been such a blessing to me, and for Laurie to tell me she believes we need to get back on the road was a dream come true. Staying in one place is very hard for me. I love being on the road and meeting new people, and seeing what is around the corner.

There is always a festival or something to celebrate in every town we visit. Can't wait to take more pictures this year than ever before. I have a new camera and am going to do my best to capture all the adventure we seem to find ourselves in.

We follow our hearts and turn down different roads sometimes as we drive and we have met some of the most interesting people, and think it was meant to be. I can't explain but when you know you were suppose to be friends it's a feeling that comes over you. Fun

Laurie and I have lots of jewelry made up to sell while we are on the road. And we are getting our beads and art stuff ready to go on the road and make stuff as we go along. This is the most fun of it all. Looking around the desert, for firewood, goodies, to use for art, and rocks. We love it all. We always seem to come home with a treasure if not many as we walk.

Last year we found a palm tree that had been there years and shed it's large leaves of which we used as firewood all the time were there at RiverLodge. We'd just go there daily and get what we needed for the evening, and have a lovely fire. Usually for the evening and the morning coffee. Life is but a dream.

I can't believe I was ever married, had kids, or had another life totally different from this one.

I don't miss my so called married life. I was my husbands sisters lover before being his wife. I knew Judy first. It just didn't work out between us due to drugs/drinking. Rick her brother didn't do drugs but did drink. Who knows how it would have turned out if I'd stayed with Judy rather than Rick. Both would have been a challenge.

What is important is I learned from my former life in order to be the kind of person I am now in my life. Laurie is pleased with my progress.

Laurie and I have found our place in this earth and we have found it together. I'm so proud of her, for all she's gone through and come out on top. She has had a lot of betrayal, as I have, so we both understand what it's like to be lied too, cheated on, and totally destroyed by those that proclaim to love us. So, we both understand the hurt involved, so we won't do that to each other.

I'm proud to call her my partner, and will protect her with everything I have while I'm alive.

Some of her family have forgotten her, and some of my own family did the same to me, so we are in the same boat on that one too.

Long ago lovers betrayed us, and we are now determined to be true to each other and tell the truth whatever that truth may be. Nothing hurts more than finding out you've been lied too.

Once you learn all these lessons, it's easier to be a good partner. You want to be treated as you would treat someone else.

I have loved others, but there is a different kind of love for Laurie. I have had passionate love where I couldn't stand to be away from them for even a moment, not healthy. We are our own person, and have different goals, and dreams, and we both respect that.

What I feel for Laurie is deeper, and worth much more. Not a physical thing, but a friendship/partner kind of thing.


In taking Jade back to Lake Havasu to the rescue people, it won't happen too soon. I love Jade, but she needs more room to roam. I'll be sorry to see her go in many ways.

Hope everyone is doing good tonight and thinking Mother Earth for all the gifts she gives us daily.

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment