Thursday, December 19, 2013

Another day in Paradise

Another day trying to go through things and get rid of stuff not being used anymore, and just trying to get rid of the little stuff that seems to accumulate all over the house and in boxes you name it.

I can't believe how much stuff we've managed to accumulate in the almost two years now that we've lived here.

I've got all the things outside and in boxes for the sale on Saturday. I'm excited to see how much we sell. Hope it's a lot.. That will have make it through the rest of the month. We always seems to run out of money before we run out of month. But we always have what we need, so it doesn't bother me much. Just would like to have some extra money for a change.

It will be nice to finally sell this trailer and get one in Parker that we only have to pay $40 a month to store it when we travel. That will leave us a bit more for our travels. That will be nice, because we have all kinds of places we want to go and see. I enjoy eating out at times as well. But we definitely live a wonderful life regardless of how much money we have or don't have.

I made a wonderful stew today. It was over cast and gloomy, so I decided to make a good hearty stew to warm the place and our tummies. I have to admit, it hit the spot. I also shared with Leon next door. I know it's hard to cook just for yourself. But when Laurie and I go back on the road, I'm going to cook less, and eat more salads, and little snacks. Fruits and veggies more, and hopefully more juice that we make ourselves.

The more I read labels on food the more I realize how much fake stuff is in there, and no wonder we are getting all kinds of sickness we never got before. It alarms me. People so blindly eat food that should never be eaten. Chemicals in everything. Even in our noodles for goodness sake.

We have gotten so far away from natural food and a natural life, people are changing so much. It's frightening how people are now days. They get offended about the slightest thing. You have to be Politically correct in what you say and do. It blows my mind. The world is changing in a way I'm not prepared to go along with.

I'm hoping Laurie and I can buy a little place out in the woods somewhere when we get older and have a few chickens and live out the rest of our days in peace. I'm not caring about all this electronic life. Yes, I keep a blog, and love to play games on line, and Facebook to see what my friends are doing far away, but I want it to be something I do for a few moments a day, not something that occupies all my time as it seems to do a lot of lately. Since being kinds stuck here right now in order to get all our medical needs taken care of, I find myself on line more and more. But not all of it is silly and useless. I've learned quite a bit since the internet has been invented for most of us to use.

I can watch Youtube and learn how to do pretty much anything. I learned to make a heater for our home with tea lights that kept us toasty while we were waiting for our heater to be installed.

I do enjoy being able to read anything at anytime. That is really nice too. But hoping to be able to learn enough about solar to get it installed in the RV. That would be so cool.

Another thing I've learned about on line, and that is tiny houses. I want to build my own tiny house with the help of friends. I'd love for Laurie to have her own and me to have my own. That is a dream come true. We are both such different people she could have her own space and me mine.

We could buy a little land and put both our little houses on them and live a wonderful life together. What a fabulous dream. I'm looking forward to it coming true. It's fun to plan things for the future. I know I'm in the sunset of my life, but I still have so many plans.

It will be nice though to get back on the road. I love meeting new people and seeing new things. I'll have my trusty camera with me to take it all in. It's nice having someone like Laurie as a companion in life. Someone that loves you unconditionally, and will be there for you. It's a wonderful feeling. One I've not had before.

I feel more free now than ever in my life. I don't feel like I have to be nice to anyone because of my career, don't have to conform for any reason. Don't feel like I need to wear make-up, or put on a front for anything or anyone. It's so nice to live this way. I can get up when I feel like it, go to bed the same way. I have my sweet dog Pickles. I'm incredibly happy. I'm at peace, and glad for those that are in my life now. The peace is worth everything to me. I've eliminated the haters, and those that weren't really my friends, and have moved forward and don't feel the need to contact anyone from my past. I've put all to rest that needed to be, and now can just live. I relish every day and am so grateful for all I have. This is nice.

Namaste'

1 comment:

  1. Please come to our other blog spot: http://lisaandlauriesamazingadventures.blogspot.com/2014/10/busy-busy-busy.html this is updated and this one won't be as I can no longer get into this account.

    ReplyDelete