Wednesday, April 3, 2013

On our way to Lake Havasu

I'm up early and taking a few moments to myself to have some coffee and get caught up on the news before Laurie gets up. She is usually a very late sleeper so getting up early isn't something she likes to do. Me, I'm up early daily and enjoy watching the sun come up and the day begin. I love to hear the birds chirp away with their excitement for the new day.

This is a day we've waited a year to come. We are finally going to get our stuff in our storage in Lake Havasu, AZ. We only have a small one, but we do hope it will all fit into the mini van we rented. If not, well, looks like somethings will have to go.  

I really enjoy taking road trips. This will be nice too because we are renting a car and don't have to worry about repairs.  Those are my favorite kind of road trips, when I don't have to worry about anything but drive.

I'll be glad when we can afford a newer car and not have to worry about repairs in it. But so far so good. It's good for around town but don't think I'd take it on a long run.

All day yesterday I was getting rid of papers and things not needed to make room for all the stuff we are bringing back. For two people that don't have much it seems we've accumulated a lot of stuff. I do plan on selling much of it when I get back.  I'm really going to get things in order when we return. It will be the first time we have everything all together to see what we have. 

Hopefully we will be able to get this done and start to concentrate on our writing, photography, and art. Laurie is able to paint regardless, but I have to be in the mood to let the creative juice flow. But I do have many projects in mind when we return to get started on. 

I will finally have the time and the money to pursue some of my artistic dreams. I want to get back into photography like I used too, and do a bit more bead work now that I have new glasses. 

Gonna take a moment to have a fresh cup of coffee and a piece of my 30 day cake. Yum!

        Now that I'm better with coffee and cake, I can finish packing for our week of travel. It's still all quiet and the sun is just coming up and the night is fading once again. I love this time in the morning. People going to work, kids getting ready for school and it's my own time to read, get caught up on the news, and just take a moment before the day takes me away.

Now that I'm 56 it seems like life went so quickly. I don't want to waste anymore time being negative, or being around anyone that is. I want to make a bucket list and do everything on it. So much to do and so little time. 

I've come to really appreciate the little things in life that give us pleasure. I notice flowers and birds singing. The world is full of life and excitement. The ticket is to enjoy as much of it as you can possible fit into a day. 

I'll update when possible but I expect a busy day today and until tonight when we get a hotel

Praying for a safe trip.

Namaste' 

No comments:

Post a Comment