Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A very successful and fun day

I got up early and started figuring out what things to get rid of, and things to take to Linda's house later, and what to put in the pile to sell at the collective mobile home sale we are having here next month.

I filled up the car two times with stuff to haul to the dumpsters. It feel so good to get rid of all that stuff. I put down the ez-up and have it packed and ready to go.

Laurie and I are both getting excited about the move, and are really working together to get this mobile home ready to sell.

Tomorrow we are going to have two 5 gallon buckets of white exterior paint shaken by the local hardware store. They said they'd do it for free, so I am hoping they are going to keep their word. I'll let ya know.


TODAYS DECISION FROM THE SUPREME COURT

I'm so proud of our supreme court and their decision to finally give gay people the same rights as anyone else when it come to marriage. This is fantastic. Laurie and I can't marry because if I do I'll loose my benefits from my ex husband. That is so sad for me, but that is how the law is at this time.

I'm just happy for all the others that it will help. Perhaps we can have a commitment ceremony and cover ourselves with other paperwork. I'll look into that as soon as I can.

I'm so excited about getting back on the road. We are going to get our mobile home all painted and fixed up and sell it. If we get what we paid, we'll be thrilled, but we are of course hoping for a bit more as a cush.

We have so enjoyed our time here, but now that it's time to go, I'll miss the place a bit I think. But it's time. You know in your heart, when it's time. I'm just glad we are young enough to go and do this. And that Laurie is still healthy enough. Her pain and suffering from MS has really been getting to her. She rarely says anything but I can tell. She was up late last night with pain. So, we need to get somewhere it's a little bit warmer and no more marine layer and humidity.

I'm getting very tired after the party we just went too. A friends birthday. The food was so good, and the party loud, so we are glad to be home and ready to hit the sack. At least I am. Laurie usually stays up much later than I do, but I'm up early in the morning.

Hope everyone is safe and celebrating responsibly. We have made history today, and I'm so proud to be living in this day and age. We are all blessed on days like today.

Thank you, and goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment