Saturday, June 8, 2013

Laurie and I living the good life

Sometimes I am amazed how much fun our lives are. We have finally gotten to a place that we trust each other, respect each other and want the best for one another.

Did we argue? Yes, but most of that is just misunderstanding and we've made it through the rough times, the lean times, so we are now enjoying the good times together with all that understanding.

Laurie is pretty even tempered and her feathers aren't ruffled as often as mine seem to be, but with that she is the yen to my yang. Understanding each other is ticket and be willing to learn, and listen. We have and had communication problems, but we are working on that and are getting better. The difference between Laurie and others I've been a partner with, is she is willing to learn, and do the work. Doing the work is the most important thing. I didn't choose to do the work until after Cory's death. That's a shame that it took so long, but I suppose these things happen for a reason and that one shook me to the core. Made me realize who my friends really were and allowed me to see where my life was going. A true Aha moment.

I remember praying for my future partner when I was alone in Nipomo. The year 2009 was one of the worse years of my life. Come to find out it was one of the worse years of Laurie's life as well. We were both being groomed for each other. Both of us are broken people early on in our lives.

Just to have a little bit of history of each of us. Laurie has written a book on her early years of abuse, which included sexual abuse, incense and confinement in the basement of her family home. Mine started before I was even born. My father would beat my Mother to the point of being hospitalized while pregnant with me. It seems my father didn't want competition for my Mothers attention. So, he was trying to get her to abort.

When my father was caught beating me as an infant, my Mother said that was it, and left. It started a 10 journey of hiding, moving to the point she was going to change my name. It's a long and yucky journey for me in some ways. But all in all, I'm still here kickin'.

When Laurie and I got together we both knew about each others past. She one told me 'No matter what you've done, I'll still be here'. How can you resist that?

I've had a wild past, where Laurie has had a sheltered life in many ways, but yet, has walked the mean streets of Jersey as a Police officer. Although I've never been arrested, I can't say I'm an angel by any means. I've told her some of the silly to CRAZY things I've done in my life and she's amazed that not only am I still alive, but that I was 'That wild'.

I'm pretty calm these days. My party days are over, and so are Laurie's. Our parties consist of BBQing, games, swimming, good music and some wine. No one gets drunk, stupid, and I haven't had to throw someone out of my home in a very long time. Life is wonderful.

Now that Laurie and I have our Mojo going on, we are running with it. Everyone around here are getting to know us. Her Buddhist group is the same people when I used to go, so they know me. They also know I'm not into religious groups anymore, but will show up now and then to say hello.

Laurie's art is getting known around here as well as mine. Everyone that comes to our home are amazed that everything we do. We display all our art on our walls, outside, to on shelves. But we are getting ready to start putting them in shops. I already have some going to Oregon right now that will be displayed in Oregon. We figure, that if we can get them in shops and they sell while we are gone traveling, it's a win, win, situation.

We've just really haven't had much time to create new art. But I can say Laurie has been painting like crazy. So, I can't say that about her actually. I've had to slow down a little because I've been entertaining, and trying to set up our kitchen. I've gotten our garden going, set up the aquarium, and so much more. Now that it's slowed down around the house a little, and gotten warmer, I can set up my work bench outside and get some work done. It's hard to do that in the house. Especially if it's this small. So, as I said hopefully next year we will be in Parker, doing our art outside and having  FUN!

I'm off to organize my new tackle box. This is fun and relaxing to me. Then think I'll take Pickles to the dog park. She has a new purple shirt that says 'Angelic'. Everyone gets a good laugh about that because she's so crabby to everyone...lol

Have a great day and don't forget to give away one of your smiles. It doesn't hurt one bit!

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment