Friday, September 20, 2013

The Cold is upon us

It's the middle of September and it's already getting pretty cold in the evenings. Laurie has really been suffering with all this coldness.

Unfortunately, we are going to have to give back our dog Jade from the rescue people. We've tried very hard to train her and get her to work with Laurie, but have come to realize that her aggression toward other dogs, and people is not going to work as a service dog. We need a dog that will stand firm for Laurie to get up if she falls. Jade has a tendency to want to run toward other dogs and that will drag Laurie with her. It made us very sad, but we just can't keep her. We can't leave her alone that she destroys things in the house, and barks all the time.

We've been in talks with many trainers and they have specified that she really won't work as a service dog, but she will make someone a fabulous pet, and we will keep tabs on her to see where she ends up and how it is going.

With all that said, after the Pow Wow here locally I am going to visit a friend of mine for a week or so, and Laurie is going to drive to Lake Havasu, AZ and take Jade back to her former owner. She will get to be where it's warmer and less humidity. I will be up in the mountains with a friend. We will both be in our favorite elements.

Looks like our bathroom floor is going to get done after all. The guy that did it originally is coming back to re-do it and seal it better, as the toilet apparently wasn't sealed properly and leaked under the linoleum. All has to be pulled out and replaced.

Now, as the RV, it's looking good and driving wonderfully. I look forward to taking it up North and staying by the beach. I miss the woods and all the beautiful nature. I will cherish every moment.

So much concerning our health has been addressed. Laurie and I have had practically every test possible. I just got my Mammogram, Laurie did her last week. Blood tests, ekgs, you name it we've had it done. And all in all, we are doing pretty good. My blood pressure is up some, but I'm going to work on that one. I don't feel stressed or anything so don't know where that is coming from.

Next is my blood test. I'm a little afraid of that one. My blood sugars are up, and I'm working on that one very hard. I don't want the big D. My diet has totally changed. I'm working very hard on becoming a vegetarian, and perhaps a Vegan if possible. The more I learn the more I'm horrified about the treatment of our brother animals.Sad

I've really started doing beadwork again. My eyes have gotten better since 09. I've really been juicing and doing the best I can with diet to self heal. I believe you can do a lot of that yourself with attitude and determination. Knowledge is power.

I've also been taking my picture taking seriously. I bought my first camera at 16 on credit. The very first thing I bought on credit. I was so proud of that camera and took pictures constantly. I haven't changed. I'm back to a lot of what I enjoy. Somehow along the way, I've been so busy being busy, I haven't been enjoying the things I enjoy the most. Those days are over, and I'm so happy to say, the little child in me has come back with a bang. I love it.

I'm so looking forward to the future and all it entails. I've decided to accept the gifts given and not suppress anything. I've been blessed with so many talents and gifts, that I've not appreciated in the past, but now I'm ready to receive them with open arms.

I've eliminated the negative, and looking forward to the positive. I'm blessed beyond belief, and I'm so grateful. I'm grateful for Laurie in my life and the sunshine she brings to me. The acceptance I've craved and looked for all my life is in one little package called my partner. I've waited for her all my life. I'm grateful. When someone tells you they won't leave you no matter what, that is powerful. More powerful than I even realized at the time.

She accepts me as is, and doesn't try to change me. This is a good thing. I am a handful, this I admit, and there are only certain people that could be with someone like me. My mind is becoming sharper, and more focused on goals for the future.

I've been talking to Laurie about moving from here. Or at least getting another place in the woods, or more remote. I'm really tired of the crowded city and it sucks up my soul and junks it. Too much noise, people fighting, sirens at all hours, violence, and it's dirty. I long for the paths to walk that are soft and quiet. I just want to sit in the woods and listen.

If we are unable to do this, I'll just be taking more and more trips to visit friends in the woods.

I hate politics, and want to forget about them for awhile. These people who are suppose to be OUR servants are just getting rich. The tea party people are really causing so much heartache to everyone. I'm of course watching them self destruct if it wasn't so sad it'd be funny. But it is fun to watch them act like little kids on a playground that don't get along. For that I'm enjoying this silly stuff, but it's holding this Country hostage, and it's hurting everyone.

I voted for the first time when Obama ran. Before that, I really didn't see any reason, didn't think my vote counted. That has all changed now. I kind of follow the politicians and what they stand for, and I can say many disturbs me. I've voted the best I could do, by being informed, not just one source but many. It sure takes a lot of time to do all that. Locally and on a National level.  I also didn't opt out of jury duty. I had many people tell me how to get out of it, and I decided that I wasn't going to do that. I'm healthy enough to be able to serve, so I'm doing it. But alas, they didn't need me. But at least, I didn't shuck my duty.

I'm thrilled with my progress and coming full circle. I've watched Laurie bloom these last two years. Her eyes have been opened to so much, it's fun watching her discover so much. Life is good for us for sure. We are like two kids and the world is our playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment