Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Getting the RV fixed today!

It's the wee moments in the morning I enjoy. I have a freshly made cup of coffee, I'm listening to my uplifting tapes on Youtube, and getting ready for the day.

The last few months I've been going through this questioning period. Questioning what true friendships are all about. I have distanced myself from many of my old time friends because of this questioning. I have a tendency to hold on to things much longer than I should. It's sometimes hard to let things go that feel comfortable. But, I've come to find out that sometimes you must purge your life of people who really aren't at the level in life you are, who are insisting to be in their crazy life as it were.

I never took the time to examine the questions I should have. Will they be there for me? Will they root me on in my quest for a better understanding of life? Will they be there if I should fall and need someone to pick me up? Important things to know.

I'm also struggling with those people in my life that have a believe system that I have trouble with. Religion is the worse. My sister is a Mormon and this has divided our family to the point my brother won't connect with Phyllis in any way. And because I had the nerve to say I didn't like her cult either, I was ripped a new one from my step mom. Fortunately, I can't be bullied anymore or intimidated, so I'm trying to figure out how to get through this without ruffling anymore feathers.

I'm almost there. I have to address it soon. I know we can come to some kind of civil way of moving forward.

The really good news that has come out lately is that we are getting the RV fixed today. New shocks in the tune of $700! Ouch, but it's all good. We are going to be a bit short this month perhaps but we will be able to get to Parker, AZ and Quartsite. I look forward to seeing the Colorado River and seeing how Jade our new dog will think..

Speaking of our new dog Jade, we have found out that she doesn't get along well with other dogs! We took her to the dog park and twice she's run after another dog to attack, and we can't have that. She also doesn't like men. She'll growl at them and we are afraid she'll bite, so we keep her on a short leash. Of course, this is going to restrict our movements. But we are working on trying to teach her. She barks a lot too, so this is another challenge.

But we do know she loves to travel. She already knows the RV and can't wait to get into it and take a ride. She sits right in the middle so she can see everything. So, at least that is a good one on our side. She's a love, but a challenge as any new animal is to a home. We had it pretty good with Pickles. She's really a low maintenance dog other than having to take her to the groomers. She's easy to take care of.

Recently we've been really getting busy on making jewelry of all sorts. I find we can sell them anywhere pretty much, just have to show them around. I'm hoping to get a display case again, because the jewelry looks so much better in one. I'm sorry I sold the one I had, but we needed the money at the time.

Laurie's tests have come back and all is well so far. I'm very thankful for that. She finally got into the system and now they are doing all the tests to see how far the osteoporosis has gotten, and the MS. She's doing pretty good with walking and such, but we've been on a donut kick and we need to cut that out, as she is suffering. I told her I'd go the bakery because when she goes we come home with extra sugar I can't resist when they make it home.

We will have all our meds, and tests done for this year, and can enjoy our time in AZ without all that to worry about. Nice! We are going to concentrate on selling our art, and enjoying our time there with friends.

Life is a struggle at times, but it's so worth all we go through to learn and be happy. I am going to try to not watch the news as much and not get so involved into politics. I will vote, and keep that right of course, but I think I'll take a step back from the workings of the world. I find peace when I don't know all these things. I thought I was being informed, but I find being informed comes with it much weight. Heavy weight. I also find there isn't much I can do to change it, other than be the best person I can be. To allow those to believe a man in the sky will come save us all, and not laugh, but honor their journey regardless.

These are my struggles. Laurie and I try to understand everyone and give them an audience. We both share the thought of helping those that need it, or ask for it. We usually end up just being a sounding board but that's ok too. This is the work I've always done. But I find as I get older, I have more compassion for those struggling. I've pretty much struggled with so many things, I can relate to many people. And Laurie can relate to the ones I cannot. So, it's a nice blend we have with the journey's we've taken and found each other.

Laurie is a blessing given to me to understand so much I have been struggling with. She's helped me with much of my being able to go forward with Peace. I saw she was able to do it without judgment. She has struggled with forgiving, and struggles with a sister not speaking to her and I see how it affects her, and because of that, it's prompted me to continue my relationship with my sister. I get it. I don't wish to cause anyone any hurt.

If we could all see what we do to each other over petty things. To feel what others feel when we say hurtful things. I know I'm more aware of my speech. I'm no where close to where I'd like to be, but I'm at least aware.



No comments:

Post a Comment