Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sold our Art in Cayucos in a cute little shop

What a wonderful day we had yesterday. We had the car packed up with our art in the trunk, the dogs were crated, fed, and happy, so off we went to Cambria as our plan to sell our art.

As with most plans, I took a turn to Cayucos just to take a look around. We had a great time. We went to the art gallery and showed some of our stuff to them and they were interested, but unfortunately they wanted money to show our stuff. Don't mind that, just didn't have it. It's more of a selling trip than display.

So we had lunch at a local fish/chips place at the pier, and it was delicious! We bought the combo of shrimp/fish and chips, and it was just enough for the both of us on a budget. I loved our day. I love to people watch, and there were some street musicians playing, skateboarders in their park. Reminded me of Cory and how much he loved to skateboard. Called himself a thrasher in the day.

Speaking of Cory. I'm OFFICIALLY out of mourning. When Cory died, it was a life changing experience for me and many I'm sure. I've mourned him basically alone and in my own thoughts. I went through this mourning process entirely alone. No one came. No one did anything. I was alone. After this experience, I know for a FACT I can go through ANYTHING all alone and don't actually need anyone. I've already gone through the worse life can give. I have become stronger because of it.

 I cut all my hair off (as is the tradition of the Native people) and kept it short until now. I'm going to allow it to grow again. Cory didn't like me with grey hair and liked me to keep it dark, but it's too much of a mess for me to deal with, so it will be long grey locks for me. I'm no longer going to cut my hair and it will grow until I die.

As my hair grows I will be reminded of my blessings, my heritage, and the love I feel for those who have loved me in my lifetime. Those that are no longer with me, to those that are still hanging in there and being an influence in my life. I will have to bead more combs and such as I've sold all I owned.

I have learned to forgive those that have taken my son from me, and those that deliberately hurt me afterward. It reflects their spirit not mine. May they all find truth and responsibility.

When you come to the realization that those responsible are never going to take responsibility for their actions, and after 4 years never going to apologize either. Not that I was EVER waiting around for any communication, but just thought maybe they'd get an 'Ah-Ha' moment. Should have known better. And now do.

With moving forward in life.

Laurie is my future. Travel and great friends await us. Laurie is a fabulous and my shining rock. I'm so experiencing a totally different life with her as my partner than I have with ANYONE else. Total acceptance, non-judgmental, and she doesn't have a temper. At least I've not seen it. Life is serene and wonderful.

I don't miss any of the others that were in my life in the past. I now realize how toxic they also were to even themselves. I did for a time, not knowing any different. But when you've come around people more like minded, then it has to have a better outcome.

With all this said, it's certainly been a journey of healing for Laurie as well as myself. We were both damaged/hurt people when we got together. We've worked out our 'stuff' and now we live a wonderfully peaceful life. We are not competitors, we are true partners in every sense or the word. It' so refreshing. Working together is what works good with us.

All this is a learning experience for me. And for Laurie by the most part. We both have had very dysfunctional relationships, so finally getting it right now is important. We talk everything through and come to an understanding.

Now that we are able to come to this understanding and work together, the sky is our limit.

I'm taking great delight in teaching her beadwork. She is interested and wants to learn so I'll teach her. I told her with all the crafting skills she learns from me, and all the art she already knows how to do, she will always have a means to make money.

Yesterday we went to Cayucos to sell our wares and had an absolute blast. We met a fabulous lady at a shop named 'The Outlook'. We called her a kindred spirit and talked up a storm. She ended up buying some of my beading necklaces, two of my hanging blood orange goodies, and she also bought a mask from Laurie. We had our picture taken with her, and she was a blast. We'll probably go next week or so and take her a few more things to put on her walls and such on consignment. But selling things for cash is good also.

If you are ever in Cayucos go in The Outlook and say hi to Virginia. She is a delightful gal and full of positive energy. She has fabulous things in there that are for larger ladies too. That makes a big difference to me. I rarely find cute clothes that are my size. And she has tie-dye stuff and that is always good for an old hippy like me

Her prices are great and not of a specialty shop you usually see at a beach town. She has a cute shop, well organized and displayed. Can't wait to see her again, and spend a little more time with her.

We were thrilled to sell some of our things. It helped with money for the end of the month as well.

We have to get Jade some worm medicine today as Laurie noticed she had them the other day. She's been scooting the butt, a sure sign.


 While on our way home we went Hwy 1 and I stopped by one of my favorite fruit stands in Oceano right across the street from the Melodrama. I bought some cherries. The fruits of our labor....lol
 This is a very popular place to stop as well as Hyashi's on Hwy 1 a little further down.


1 comment:

  1. I've updated the page with new details of our fun on Cayucos. Won't you subscribe so you won't miss any adventures.

    ReplyDelete