Thursday, August 22, 2013

A bit more hopeful today

We all have some tough days, and I've quite a few in a row. Sometimes you just barely get yourself up from the last hit to be knocked down again before you even knew it was happening.

I've heard others say it comes in waves. This has been my experience as well, Just hope the wave is over for a time. Trying to take the breath I need.

Pickles is doing alright, but she is in a lot of pain. I give her pain meds every 4 hours just to make sure she is as comfortable as possible. It make me feel better as her owner to know there really wasn't anything I could have done to save her teeth. They were just bad and needed to come out. It's the breed says the vet. So, I'm not beating myself up for that anymore. I have a tendency to beat myself up over these type of things. Just wondering what I could have done different to make it better kind of thing.

Last night I know Leon our neighbor knew we were kinda down with all the goings on, so he went and got a chicken and such to have dinner. We ate dinner outside on the patio and watched the humming birds play 20 feet away. It was a nice diversion. Leon gets depressed about things, and needs to have someone to come over and talk too now and then. It's all good. I ate the veggies and goodies, but didn't eat the chicken.

Still trying to keep myself meat free. Our cruelty to animals makes me sad.

After realizing that licking my wounds about the money and getting the RV fixed isn't going to get done any faster while I'm dragging around the house, I woke up and decided to work even harder than before. What else can I do? I can give up and that won't get me anywhere. So, it's up and I'm going to  try to work even harder at the dream.

In fact, I've made some of the best art of my life these last few days. Laurie and I are getting ready to take our art to various stores for consignment. That way we will be making money in stores and Ebay hopefully.

I've gotten rid of all excess junk around the house, and Laurie has been painting the trailer, so things are looking nicer around here.

I'm getting ready to plant a winter garden just in case we are stuck here. (Have to think about all possibilities) Plus, Leon will take care of the garden and be able to eat the food. It's a win, win situation.

I've decided to go ahead and change my name as well. It's been a dream of mine for many years and now I'm gonna go for it. I've filled out the forms and I'm going to fill out a waver for the fee and see what happens from there. I know I'd rather sign my art with my new name rather than my old one.

It reflects who I am now. My Native name when I was a child and my adult Native name with my middle name taken from one of my best friends from High School who was Pima. I miss her and wish I could find all my foster sisters and brothers. I still feel connected to them.

Jade Laurie's new dog is doing good with us, like she's been a member of our family from the beginning. I'm so happy she came into our lives. I look forward to traveling with her. I just look forward to traveling PERIOD!

The RV looks great. It's polished, washed, prepped, and ready to go other than it needs shocks. Tomorrow I'm taking it to Wayne's Tire to see what their take on how much it will cost to repair. I'm hoping the first place was oh so wrong and that it will only need the minimum of repair and treatment. Miracles do still happen I know. I've seen them. That or some kind soul will send us the money to repair it and get us back into environment Laurie can thrive. The marine layer doesn't bother me much. I like it too, it's spooky and cold, and I love to sit around a fire while it comes in from the ocean. The droplets when it's really heavy. Nice. But then again, I've always loved the rain and most weather.

Getting things on Ebay again. I've started selling rather slowly but am going to have to up the pace if we want to be able to leave here by this winter sometime. We still have a few months before it gets cold around here for the actual winter.

So, we are very busy.

I've also thought about taking some classes at the local community college. I've known many professional students that live quite a nice life. I'm always up to learn something new. I wouldn't mind taking a few classes on writing. I used to be a Journalist in my younger years, but have lost much of my knowledge due to lack of use. I'm ready to fire up the brain cells and get things rolling again in my life.

I remember the days of college and how exciting it was to be on campus. Something was always a buzz. When I went for therapy at Cal Poly I always felt the excitement of just being there where people are trying to better their lives, learn, and perhaps change the way of the world. Very exciting to me.

Think I'll get off this blog and get some beadwork done. I'm going to make some flower necklaces with seed beads. I'll post pictures when I get some done.

I'll also post pictures of the blood oranges I've made into wall hangings. They came out better than I thought. I have a great imagination when it comes to these type of hangings. I've made them since I was a little hippie girl here in Oceano in the 70's when I'd sell them to the tourists and locals alike to hang outside their beach cottages.

Well, the cottages are giving way now to super duper hotels and apartments. It's so sad to me. I rarely go to downtown Pismo anymore. Just too many people. There used to be a break in the tourists, now it seems there isn't anymore. I'm only into crowds when I'm entertaining or making money. Not to enjoy my leisure time.

Have a good day ALL and don't forget: If you made a mistake yesterday, you can make today better!

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment