Thursday, August 1, 2013

Doing some more dumpster diving!

 These are portabella mushrooms that I've turned upside down took off the stem, and put cheese, spinach, tomatoes, and whatever else I may have to put on it. I'm loving being a vegetarian and all the foods I'm finding to eat and make. Even Laurie is starting to eat less meat due to the fact I don't buy it anymore. She's been eating the meat I had in the freezer. I'm good at hoarding food. But I've been giving away more food lately due to dumpster diving, and giving away all the food that I will no longer eat due to the chemicals and terrible stuff in it.
 This picture is some of the find last night. Laurie was with me, and she doesn't like diving as much as I do, so I quickly put these in the car and left. I was going to go back this morning and get the rest, but I'm kind of tired and need my energy for the week-end when we have a yard sale out front of the trailer park. We have so much to sell, it will take about 5 trips to get it all out there. Hope we sell it so I don't have to drag it back.

 These pictures don't show all the food I got but shows the type of food. Most of it went in the dehydrator. I've decided to dry most of my veggies and such rather than drag can goods with us when we travel. I want to make our journey as light as possible.
The exception to the rule is I'm going to bring my cast iron pans to cook in. They not only are better for your health, but I can put them in the fire directly if need be and can cook that way as well. I've got my solar oven with me in the closet and hope to show Laurie how to cook with the sun. It's so much fun and a sense of accomplishment for me. I love to warm my water that way and take a shower. Solar is the way to go. I'm looking forward to learning more about it as I get it installed to what ever RV we end up with.

I do know we will have to get a bigger RV, and we are working on that now. We are looking and talking to RV lots and seeing what our options are. With a larger dog, it's needed. Not only for her, but for all our art supplies and things we will need to make things more comfortable for us as we travel.

I've been doing all kinds of research on Youtube about solar and how to fix the rv, and anything else I could think of. This is such a fun adventure I have to say.

Now that Laurie is all aboard for full timing it  (RVing), the sky's the limit. We stayed here in Santa Maria more than a year, and now have decided it's time to get back on the road and have some adventures.

We are both getting all our doctors appointments, medicine taken care of, and breaking ties from this area. I can hardly wait to start, but the planning part is fun as well. I feel like a little kid again.

After this yard sale, we are going to get our stuff together to sell on consignment around in this area. Cambria to Orcutt. That should give us income, as well as I'll be selling on Ebay the treasures I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment