Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A day off to enjoy this beautiful area

We have the car packed with the art we have ready. I've taken pictures of most of it I think. I'm very proud of these pieces that Laurie and I have.

Laurie has been working very hard on masks, paintings, beading and such. I'm very proud of her.

Yesterday we had a blast going to Lake Lopez and Biddle Park. We found ourselves all over the place taking pictures of all the beauty
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Vultures
 These were my son Cory's favorite birds when he was a child. He thought they were majestic he was right!
 
 Beautiful Lopez Lake, Ca
 I loved this tree.
 
 A young buck
 
 From our car
 Deer were everywhere with their young enjoying the early evening in Lopez
 
 
 Going down Hwy 1
 The Oceano Valley This scene hasn't changed much since the 70's, but the amount of people who have moved here has exploded.
Everyone wants to move to paradise. Then it gets crowded and changes the quaint little towns into busy cities! I've seen this happen here in Pismo/Oceano/Avila an the surrounding area's.
All the back roads are just as full of people as ever.
The noise and pollution is incredible.
But still it's a wonderful place to be compared to many others.
There is still a small town feel at times and in various places.
 
Going to Biddle Park was wonderful. There were very few people there. We were able to let the dogs run off leash and it was a nice experience.
 
The sirens around Santa Maria are constant anymore. I am amazed how this town has changed in just a few short years. Murder/gangs/Police chiefs ousted and so much more. I long for the quiet and less of everything.
 
Laurie has really been able to see what I've been talking about and think she is so ready to go as well. Just in the year she's been here the mobile home park has changed personal, attitude, and so forth. The town is just not as it once was, but I suppose that is progress.
 
Just looking for a bit less of it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment