Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thinking of my only Son

Thinking of Cory

I didn't sleep as well as I normally do. I was thinking of Cory and his children.  Tamara his widow has been having a hard time since his death in 09. First of all, she never let herself grieve. She really didn't have time. She was dealing with his death, and trying to keep her life together, and she was pregnant with Cory's 4th child. Her entire world was shattered.  I can't even begin to know how she felt or how she got through it. I just know she's been in auto-pilot ever since and has made some wild decisions because of it. That's very sad to me. She didn't get the support she needed, or good advice so here we are three years later. She now has 5 children (one with her now estranged husband). 

She called me and wanted to know how I'd feel if she wanted to move here by me. I thought I was dreaming. I have wanted her to move this way for a very long time. Before Cory was even killed. So, this is a dream come true. I never thought this day would come. 

I just spoke to Tamara to make sure I wasn't dreaming and apparently she is getting things packed, sold, and ready to go.  I have known about this for about a week, but kept it to myself because Tamara didn't want anyone to know she was leaving as it's gotten a bit ugly with her Mother not wanting her to leave. It's sad really, because her Mother is only thinking of herself and not the better interest of the children as well as Tamara. Tamara has no life there anymore. There aren't any jobs, no way to better yourself, it's an awful place to live in my opinion. The school system is terrible, no programs nothing. 

There is everything here. So many programs they kids can get into. I'm going to contact a friend who teaches dance and see about getting Emily into dance so she'll keep up with all that dancing. Caden is so much like Cory. I was struck by him when I first saw him. He looked exactly like Cory and acts so much like him too. I haven't had as much time with CJ. I look forward to getting to know him. This is such a blessing to get to know my Grandkids. 

I always had to travel and it cost so much money to visit. Somewhere around $5,000 a pop when it was all said and done. I can't afford that. So, this is nice

Everything as I know it will change. I'm trying to get things together she will need when she gets here. I put it on Facebook and I'm hoping that people will respond to the ad. I know I'll be hitting the thrift stores. I'm so excited. I never thought this day would come. 

Tamara is bringing her new love with her. I wasn't that excited about that at first, but after talking to him, I'm fine with it. I understand how scary it is to come somewhere new, with all those kids alone. She claims to love him, and I told him as long as he treats the kids good, and Tamara as well, things will be fine. 

I started thinking about this situation. Devon was my sons good friend. I've been thinking of Cory so much lately. His Spirit has been close to me lately  and now I know why, makes sense. I know Cory would be so proud of his kids coming here and getting to know the place where Cory grew up. This will give them a different perspective on life and not just a stagnant pool of information. 

It will be nice to have all that young energy again. I didn't think I could do anything like this again since Heidi came here and acted the fool.  I just didn't want to go through all that drama and stuff. But Tamara is very different from Heidi, and that is what I took into consideration when Tamara first called me.  

Tamara is a hard worker. She keeps a clean house and is a good Mother. I always liked her from the moment I met her. Anyone that could love my son as much as she did, has my vote for a better life if I can help her achieve that. 

It will also be nice to have a male energy around. Since he was Corys friend, that makes it all the better. Cory was so good at doing little things for me, it would be nice if Devon also did some of these things. I have the feeling he will. He got on the phone first thing to me and we talked. I like him and I'm going to give him a chance. We all deserve that, a chance! 

I have a few friends and Laurie that are apprehensive after what I went through with Heidi when I tried to help HER. So, they are on a 'lets see' basis. I don't blame them. I don't blame the way some of the people feel about this because of the behavior of Heidi. But I can tell you Tamara is nothing like Heidi. They are friends in Louisiana basically because Heidi is family and she  three kids (cousins). But Heidi has treated Tamara so badly throughout the years, and has talked trash about her since day one, so there isn't a real friendship there. Heidi is going to be madder than a hornet when she finds out Tamara is coming here. She will be so jealous and I know why. 

Because Tamara is going to take advantage of all the blessings being presented to her and she WILL make this work if it can work for her. Tamara doesn't sit around and wait for everyone to do it for her, she gets up and takes hold of the day and try's to see what she can get done. That is the reason I'm willing to help as well. Tamara is a special soul and I am so happy Cory met her because with the gals running after Cory things could have gone very wrong. 

 I thought maybe when Heidi lost her kids for a year and hit rock bottom she'd come back to reality, but it seems things are just the same, just different day. Sad. I'm still hoping for that 'Aha' moment in her life. She's alienated just about everyone from her life, she's gonna have to do something to change. When her kids hit the double diggits that will be the beginning of the 'Karma' that has been waiting for her. I wish her well and will pray for her, as she will need it. But I have to admit, I'm so glad Heidi doesn't have any contact with me. It's really a blessing to me. I know she thinks she's being hateful (and she is) but I consider it a positive. I've just had enough. I watch other parents on TV that keep on running after their kids after the kids have been so horrible to them. Not this gal. I'm done, stick a fork in me, I've learned my lesson with that one! Heidi is incapable of empathy for anyone but herself and I can't be around people like that. I spent much of my young life with people that behaved that way, now she lives surrounded by them, and she's become just like them, so she's made her own bed. The very people she used to make fun of when she was small, she herself has now become. But she has free will to do as she sees fit. She is living the life she has always wanted because she is in the driver seat. So be it, it is done.

Trailer Repairs  

     I called the Action Company and they came out to see what they can do to help us with our window issues. This is a company that helps out low income and disabled people. I found out after the inspection they decided they can't do the windows due to the fact I'm not yet 62, but they can get me a new refrigerator and they will do some other repairs. I am beyond thrilled! Any help we can get with the repairs of the trailer I'm on board. They may even replace the back door because it's in bad shape. That is a good thing as well. Nice! I'm just grateful for all they are going to do. This has brought a little bit of sunshine to our world. 

We bought this trailer as a fixer-upper and we were thrilled to get it. But some things we aren't very good at fixing. We are learning how to do all kinds of things now that we didn't ever do before. 

Laurie put together our dining room group. I was so proud of her. I'm so happy we have it now especially since the Grandbabies will be coming. I have a place for them to sit and have a meal. So far, Laurie and I have been using it as a collection station. Everything goes on it. We have our craft stuff on it and have been using it as a work station mostly. That is going to change. I can see my Grandkids finger painting and all kind of fun things on that table. I will also get to cook for a bunch of people again. That kind of thing thrills me.I miss cooking for my family 

This is such a blessing to be able to be around the kids again. Especially Corys children. They have been brought up very different from Heidi's kids. You can tell the difference right away. From someone that has spent a great deal with their kids teaching them to just letting them go crazy. It's such a shame too. Kids only know what you allow. 

Tamara has done a great job at keeping the kids clean and well taken care of. I watched her 8 months pregnant up doing house work, laundry, and cook dinner. I had to make her sit down. She's young but has a good head on her shoulder. I really admire her very much.

I'm going to have my coffee now and plan for the day. 

Blessings to you and your family.   



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment